Newsletter August 21, 2020: How Did We Get Here?
Am I the only one scratching my head and wondering how we're already approaching the end of summer? Here in Columbia, Missouri, fall is already beginning to knock on our door with shorter days and cooler nights. I feel desperately in need of a change of scenery, but it seems like a change in seasons may be the only thing I can muster. Local tourism is surging right now, and anywhere within a reasonable drive is booked solid. Midwestern hidden gem recommendations are very much welcomed. But enough about my extreme case of stir crazy!
You seemed to like the style of July's inaugural email, so I'm planning on keeping these newsletters in round-up format until you request otherwise.
- Join me for a really exciting webinar next Wednesday, August 26th at 1pm EST! I know, I know, your Inbox is probably flooded with webinar invites, but I'm really excited about this one. We'll be talking about topics that typically get treated separately (which is just silly!): How to increase your sales with photos and copy. Sign up here to snag your spot!
- The SEO legend Neil Patel put out a great article about the power and importance of having a clear target audience.
- Have any of you heard about this new indie brand marketplace that's launching in a few weeks? Shopify sent out an email about their beta program, and I'm curious to know if any of you have signed up. If you do, please let me know. It looks like a cool concept!
- I guess I'm on a tree kick lately. I'm currently 2/3rds of the way through The Overstory, and something tells me it'll end up being one of my favorite reads of the year. I suppose there's still enough left for me to regret recommending it, but I doubt that'll be the case.
- We updated our Emmazon page and launched a brand new Amazon package: Straight A's. Would you take a look and let me know your thoughts? I would really truly love your opinion.
If you're looking to brighten my day, click reply and write me a message! A lot of you wrote back last month with some great recommendations for how to switch out of work mode when working from home. Various forms of getting active seemed to be the resounding winner. Since then, I've made morning and evening walks a top priority. So please, send me all your feedback - the good, the bad, and the ugly (although if it's too ugly I may send you to Spam). I want these newsletters to be something you look forward to!
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published