Newsletter September 21, 2020: Tick Tock
Have you ever realized you've been thinking about something long before your mind catches on? I was just copying and pasting some links to share in this newsletter. Then, all of a sudden, I was typing away about the concept of time. These musings felt random and disconnected from the monthly rundown I was preparing. But then I gave a second look to some of the things I was planning to share: A link about optimizing your calendar, my favorite journal/pen combo, Jewish New Year wishes, and more. Time seems to be on my mind right now, except I only just now realized it!
I've also been struggling to sleep lately. So if this newsletter feels a little extra out there, I'm blaming the lack of zzz's.
- Do you use Google calendars? If so, this article has some great tips for how you can make it even more useful.
- Have you signed up for this awesome event that starts tomorrow? Seller Fest has 49 top speakers talking about all things Amazon. I'll be speaking on Day 2, September 23rd about "Tips to Instantly Boost Your Amazon Listing Conversion Rates." Get your free ticket here!
- I've always been fascinated by the perception of time. What makes some periods of life feel like they pass in a blur, while others seem to be full of days that go on forever and ever and ever? Many popular theories agree that novel experiences feel faster in the moment, but are remembered longer upon reflection. This pandemic period seems to add an interesting new spin on the concept of time. My life has very minimal novelty at the moment (something I'm actively working on fixing), yet somehow I've never felt time to move faster - both as it's happening and when looking backwards. Does anyone else feel completely disoriented by the way times feels lately?
- If you struggle with constantly checking Facebook, you must check out News Feed Eradicator. This free Chrome extension replaces your news feed with an inspirational quote. It may not always stop the urge to go to Facebook, but it saves a lot of time that you may otherwise spend mindlessly scrolling through energy-draining nonsense.
- There's something incredibly satisfying about a pen smoothly gliding across a crisp page. My favorite journaling combo (after many years of testing) is this journal + these pens.
For those of you that celebrate Rosh Hashanah, I'd like to wish you shana tova. May it bring you and your family health and happiness!
And for those that still have to tough out three and a half more months of the year, we've got this!
Marketing by Emma
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published