May 2021 Newsletter + a Contest
I know, I know. I've gone quiet. I committed to making these newsletters a monthly practice, and then...silence since February. Consistency is important. Commitment is important. Prioritizing is important. But sometimes those things come into conflict. My priorities in March and April were elsewhere, so I guess those newsletters weren't meant to be. Luckily, we've made some BIG internal changes, which means I'm back on the wagon and ready to dish out a monthly dose of random tools, upcoming events, updates, and things that caught my attention.
Before diving into the round up, let's do a little contest! As a speaker at Ecom World Conference, I have FIVE free tickets to give away. To enter to win a ticket, respond to this email by May 17th with the one work tool you can't live without. We'll put all of the names into a randomizer, and notify the winners via email.
Now, onto the newsletter!
1. What big changes, you ask? Well, firstly, I'm emailing you from our brand new CRM. Some tools fit seamlessly into your processes, and some are painful transitions. A new CRM is not an easy adjustment to make, but sticking it out has given us immense value as a team. We still have a lot to learn, but I look forward to learning it.
2. The MxEm Team (that's our internal shorthand for Marketing by Emma) has gotten bigger! Not only are these individuals incredibly talented, interesting, and smart, but they're helping me free up my time to start focusing on some really cool new projects. It's too early to talk about them yet, but I'll be sure to let you know once the cat is ready to exit the bag.
3. Get your PPC dialed in for a killer rest of 2021 at next week's PPC Summit, May 18-20. This online event is packed with PPC masters that'll be filling you in on the latest strategies to drive high value traffic. While I may not be a PPC expert, I'll be speaking about how you can make sure you don't just drive traffic, but CONVERT it. Sign up here for your ticket + a free listing optimization guide.
4. It's been a while since we talked popcorn. If you've been popping your own or you're looking for a way to elevate your microwave bags, you MUST try sprinkling your popcorn liberally with Trader Joe's Everything But the Elote spice mix. Just typing about it is making my mouth water!
5. We're testing out an email tool that seems very promising. Sortd. gives a high level of detail, delegation, and organization that I haven't found with any other tool. We only just started playing around with it, but I'm prettttyyyyy pumped by the features. If you have Gmail, you may want to give it a whirl.
6. Opinions Requested: What kind of content would you like to see from us? Now that my time is freer for content creation, I want to make sure we're creating things YOU are interested in learning about. Let me know what you want to see, hear, or watch from us!
It seems like live events may start to be a thing again after a very long hiatus. We're starting to get our summer schedule lined up. Maybe that means we'll have a chance to start meeting all of you in person again? I hope so!
Emma Schermer Tamir
Co-Founder and CEO
Marketing by Emma
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published